In addition to our quaint, comfortable room accommodations, the View Motel offers spacious, well-maintained decks and patios with barbecues and beautiful lawns. We also have a seasonally heated pool and spa for the convenience and comfort of our guests.
The Verde Valley was recently named one of the top ten US travel destinations by Lonely Planet. Located in the “heart” of Arizona, Cottonwood is surrounded by the Red Rocks of Sedona and the Mingus Mountain range. Cottonwood and the View Motel are centrally located between Sedona, Cornville, Jerome, Clarkdale, Page Springs and Camp Verde (all within a 20-mile radius).
Cottonwood offers a distinctive historic district lined with shops, wine tasting rooms, wineries, art galleries, restaurants, bars and antique shops. We have beautiful local golf courses where our guests can spend some “leisure time.” Visitors can take balloon rides that overlook the Verde Valley or visit the nearby wild animal park, Out of Africa, which features a fun zipline tour where attendees can get a bird’s-eye view of the exotic wildlife.
The Verde River Greenway, which runs through Cottonwood, provides opportunities for float trips, hiking, canoeing, bird watching, picnicking, fishing or just wading in the cool water. Visit verderivergreenway.org or verdebirdingtrail.com for more information.
Cornville and Page Springs offer wineries, tasting rooms and pristine high desert scenery. Page Springs features a fish hatchery nestled among the cool trees. Families enjoy hiking the nature trails bordering Oak Creek and kids like visiting the ponds to see the hatchery’s trout.
Jerome, the “City in the Sky,” is an old mining “Ghost Town” revitalized with unique art, boutique shops, great restaurants and bars with live entertainment on most weekends.
The Verde Valley Wine Trail invites wine enthusiasts to experience a destination rich in history, beauty and the production of exquisite wines that will satisfy any wine taster’s palate. Visit verdevalleywinetrail.com for more information.
Ancient civilizations with their unique histories and cultures are just a day trip away. State parks, historic sites and enticing attractions offer activities for all ages.
ANCIENT RUINS INCLUDE:
- Petroglyphs: (928) 284-5323
- Palarki Ruins: (928) 282-3854
- Honanki Ruins: (928) 282-4119
- Montezuma Castle National Monument and Montezuma Well: (928) 567-3322
- Tuzigoot National Monument: (928) 634-5564
- Verde Valley Archaeology Center: (928) 567-0066 or verdevalleyarchaeology.org
Parks & Recreation Areas include:
- Dead Horse Ranch State Park Trail: Horse rides are available in the park. Call (866) 958-7245.
- Red Rock State Park: Featuring a center for environmental education. Call (928) 282-6907.
- Fort Verde State Historic Park: (928) 567-3275
- Jerome State Historic Park: (928) 634-5381
- Slide Rock State Park: (928) 282-3034
- Rockin’ River Ranch State Park
- Oak Creek Canyon: (928) 282-4119
- Red Rock Crossing, Cathedral Rock and Crescent Moon Recreation Area: (928) 282-4119 or (928) 204-1389
I love the charm of this place. At night, when all the landscaping lights are on it reminds me of the grounds from the movie Dirty Dancing. This place is unique.
Were able to check in at any time, which was convenient after an afternoon of wine tasting and dinner in old town. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly.
The view from our room is great. It is nice waking up to the view of the red rocks. The staff was very nice and helpful. It is probable that we will stay here again.